School and Adolescent Health Unit
Functions of the Unit
- Develop policy & strategic plan on School Health and Adolescent Health.
- Provide technical guidance on School and Adolescent Health to Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education.
- Provide technical expertise in improving quality of school and adolescent health activities through development of guidelines,standards,protocols ect.
- Provide technical guidance in surveillance,monitoring and supervising activities with regard to School and Adolescent Health.
- Coordinate all the activities conducted by national stake holders of school health program and provincial authorities.
- Develop and implement training programs to build the capacity of public health staff, Education staff,Children and parents on School and Adolescent Health.
- Procurement and distribution of anthropometric equipments and micronutrients for school health program.
- Monitor and evaluate schools and adolescent health program.
- Develop supplementary books on health related tropics and IEC materials for adolescents teachchers and parents to facilitate health promomotion of school children and adolescents.
- Convene National Coordinating committee on School health meetings(chaired by DDG/PHSII)
|Dr Ayesha Lokubalasuriya||Consultant Community Physician||+94112692746|
|Dr Manjula Danansuriya||Consultant Community Physician||+94112692746|
|Dr Moksha Yaggahavita||Medical Officer||+94112692746|
|Ms B.M.N.D Batugedara||Public Health Nursing Sister|
|Dr.H.L.H Chinthika||Medical Officer|
|Mr R P Nuwan Sameera||PHI||+94112692746|
|Mr Anil Karunathilaka||Development Assistant